Elementary Physical Education Teacher
Job location:7429 Tuckaseegee Rd. Charlotte, NC 28214
Compensation:Competitive salary based on experience, Retirement Plan, Health Insurance, Optional 403b, etc.
Job category:10 month
The P.E. educator is the primary instructional delivery person for student health and wellness, and fitness and growth. The educator also promotes and supports the center team’s health and wellness. The educator collaborates with school team members and provides strategies and supports for increasing student movement and fitness within the regular classroom. The position is demanding, varied and complex. The educator must be collaborative, a relationship builder, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and be well trained in P.E. content knowledge, early learners, and effective and engaging teaching strategies.
- Demonstrate motivation and enthusiasm with a genuine passion for teaching young learners.
- Demonstrate the ability to create a child-centered classroom.
- Facilitates children’s physical, cognitive and social and emotional learning through lessons designed to sequentially develop skills appropriate to their ability and confidence levels.
- Provides engaging, fun, and effective instruction that helps build a health and wellness foundation for young children.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance utilizing curriculum and other appropriate learning activities.
- Provides maximum participation for all students; differentiates as needed to ensure all students experience success.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge and strategies of games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Develops engaging and effective lesson plans and supplementary materials.
- Provides ongoing formative feedback to students.
- Demonstrates a growth mindset individually and supports this development with all students.
- Communicates in developmentally appropriate ways through a humane, sensitive approach that clearly communicate that every child, regardless of ability, can succeed and will benefit from a physically active, healthy lifestyle.
- Implements and supports school-wide programs to include PBIS, Growth Mindset, etc.
- Collaborates with school team members in providing ideas and support to increase health and wellness, movement and activity within the classroom.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas that supports and aligns with the school-wide PBIS Framework.
Education, Training, Experience
- Fluent Mandarin speaker required. All Mandarin Immersion classes. .
- NC Elementary Certification preferred, but not required.
- 5 years experience as an Educator in NC Schools Preferred, but not required.
East Voyager Academy of Charlotte is an Equal Opportunity Employer.