Elementary Music Teacher
Job location:7429 Tuckaseegee Rd. Charlotte, NC 28214
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience, Retirement Plan, Health Insurance, Optional 403b, etc.
Job category:10 month
Under the supervision of the Principal is responsible for teaching music education to pupils in grades PreK-8, and assists the staff of the school in the improvement and appreciation of music instruction. Helps pupils grow in their enjoyment, appreciation, and performance of music through a variety of planned music experiences which include singing, moving to music, playing of instruments and listening and performs other duties directly related to this job description.
- Teaches skills in music understanding/appreciation, harmony, explorations in music and choral music to elementary pupils.
- Plans/executes a balanced music program and organizes class time so that preparation, rehearsal and instruction can be accomplished within the allotted time.
- Provides individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the music curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Encourages students to develop individual musical skills to the greatest extent possible.
- Utilizes repertoire of all types of music literature, including traditional and contemporary that are appropriate for the ages and skill levels of pupils.
- Maintains care/responsibility for school-owned music, musical instruments and equipment to prevent loss or abuse. Makes minor adjustments and requests repairs to instruments as required.
- Evaluates each pupil’s musical growth, performance, and musical understanding. Assesses each individual’s contribution to the performance of the group.
- Selects appropriate music, books and instructional aids to enhance learning and requisitions musical instruments and instructional supplies as necessary.
- Cooperation with Principal and staff in providing musical programs for school assemblies, open house, parent meetings and seasonal programs.
- Communicates with parents and school staff on individual student’s progress.
Education, Training, Experience
- Fluent Mandarin speaker required. All Mandarin Immersion classes.
- NC Elementary Certification preferred, but not required.
- 5 years experience as an Educator in NC Schools Preferred, but not required.
East Voyager Academy of Charlotte is an Equal Opportunity Employer.