Elementary Math Teacher
Job location:7429 Tuckaseegee Rd. Charlotte, NC 28214
Compensation:Competitive salary based on experience, Retirement Plan, Health Insurance, Optional 403b, etc.
Job category:10 month
Under limited supervision, perform the duties and responsibilities required to successfully teach elementary age students at the highest levels through a Mandarin immersion curriculum model.
Collaborates with constituents, specifically partner teachers, in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods to develop a program of continuous progress consistent with EVA
- Creates a rich linguistic environment, where Mandarin language is accessible and comprehensive for all students
- Develops and implements immersion curriculum into all instruction to maximize student outcomes
- Promotes the mission and vision of the school through positive interactions with students, parents, staff, and community leaders
- Supports the charter and educational philosophies of EVA
- Develops and submits instructional plans for both the subject area and Mandarin.
- Uses a variety of instructional strategies to transform plans into learning experiences that are accessible and comprehensive for all students
- Establishes and maintains a safe and orderly classroom
- Monitors student progress and provides timely feedback to constituents as requested
- Maintains accurate records of student information, while maintaining student privacy rights under FERPA.
- Enforces rules, regulations, and policies as approved by the school Board and required by the law
- Works collaboratively to meet the diverse needs of all students
- Attends meetings, school events, and professional development activities as requested and required
- Strong content knowledge in subject area and willingness to actively participate in professional development activities
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with a wide range of individuals and students
- Ability to make information tangible and comprehensive to others
- Strong organizational skills
- Responsible, organized, and sincere in his or her excitement of teaching young students in a Mandarin immersion school.
- The teacher should be passionate about meeting school community goals and believe in the power of language immersion programs, bilingualism, and multiculturalism.
Mandarin & English Fluency
- International applicants must have a proficiency in English language and the ability to effectively communicate with constituents.
- Candidates must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language at a proficient level.
- Candidates must be able to read, write, speak, and understand Mandarin language at a proficient level.
Education, Training, Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university required
- Native or advanced level of proficiency in Mandarin Chinese required
- Current NC teacher certification strongly preferred, but not required
- Prior experience teaching Mandarin Chinese and/or core subject to elementary age students strongly preferred, but not required
East Voyager Academy of Charlotte is an Equal Opportunity Employer.